|| Spicy Tour at Khari Baoli ||
Asia’s biggest spice market is at a stone’s throw away from the Red Fort & Chandni Chowk market. Adjacent to the Fatehpuri Masjid, the whole stretch of road and lanes are dedicated to the wholesale selling of spices and dry fruits.
As we reached near the market, we were alarmed by the strong smell of the spices. Walking through the footpath adjacent to the lane of shops, one can see the various ways of showcasing the spices & piles of them on sacks.
I, myself, never had experienced such an array of exotic and rich spices together. For me, it was a notched up feeling with all the colorful frames here and there.
The shopkeepers were reluctant with camera clicks and few even posed well at them. A great gift for the photographers indeed !
1. A short trip from the Ballimaran to Fatehpur Masjid or Khari Baoli market cost at max 20 INR on a rickshaw
2. You can visit the adjacent Fatehpuri mosque – I couldn’t as I didn’t have a stole with me then.
3. Try to walk through the inside alleys once before starting to take snaps
4. Don’t miss to buy some rich aromatic spices and dry fruits for yourself
5. It is not a covered market and full of pandemonium of vendors
6. Keep your bags and valuable items protected while roaming across the streets
7. No fees, no restrictions – just adhere to the decorum of the area and maintain the ways of your conduct while photographing unknown faces