You must have heard or visited the Carnival of Rio de Janeiro, or the Christmas Eve at Amsterdam or New York City, or the Diwali of North India. All these are meant to bring you together with the feeling of making you happy. But believe me, Durga puja in Kolkata will surely define you why it is called the City of Joy.
Let’s look at some of the facts that make all the Bengalis boast of it, cry out for not being able to attend it being away from the city, roll over it with extreme joy for those who can make up to attend the festival in the city.
1. That time in the year when friends and ‘pandal-hopping’ is just so mandatory
2. The festival where there is no difference in caste or religion
3. The festival when the streets are all decorated like a marriage ceremony is going on everywhere in the city
4. The royalty of the festival just gets vivid with the crowds constantly followed by each pandal and restaurants
6. The time when you can really notice true Bengali beauties roaming around you in their best
7. When there is no time limit for you to have ‘adda’ at Maddox Square with your friends
8. The festival where ideas just flow in with creativity – in ‘Theme pujas’
9. The festival that attracts the not so religious also to take part in the 5-day long opulence of enjoyment
10. The festival that has its root close to the British raj and the Rajbaris.
11. The festival where ‘Dhunuchi’ smell and the dance along with it is just the mandatory thing.
12. The festival where fun means playing with the Dhunuchi and 'Dhak', and Holi means the ‘Sindoor-Khela’.
13. The time when no music can beat the sound of the ‘Dhaak’.
14. And, the festival where many cry and others sob when Maa Durga ends her 5 days trip to Earth on the day of Dashami.
15. The festival that attracted many of the Bollywood directors to make stories on it – from Devdas to Kahaani.
(Image courtesy: Internet)
Hope you liked it, for any clarifications you can write in comment box below.
You can also mail us at - firstname.lastname@example.org
For more such updates, Please like our Facebook Page